Friday, June 8, 2007

Traveling Blog Show



Yours truly will be embarking on my International Traveling Blog Extravaganza in a few hours. As previously mentioned, I'm traveling to the States on business, and I'll have my go-go-gadget laptop with me.

I'll fly from Okinawa to Tokyo, spend most of the day there, and then on to Atlanta. From Atlanta, I'll fly to Washington, D.C., and then travel by car to Quantico, Virginia. I'll be in VA for a couple of days, and then make the return trip. I'll actually be hitting two airports in Tokyo, with a one hour bus ride in between. Rumor has it that the bus travels past Tokyo Disney, so I'll try to get a picture or two of that as I roll by.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new Marine Corps Museum that's located in Quantico. I'll get some pictures to share while I'm there.

Being an impatient man, and given the inefficient nature of international travel, I'm sure that I'll have many nifty episodes that will anger me to no end. I'll share some of those, as well as the good stuff. Given my luck with air travel, I have no doubt that I'll be seated adjacent to the most annoying passenger on every plane that I board. Perhaps my tribulations will provide some comic relief to some of you.

The weather outlook for my destination looks good, so I may spend some time at the pool at my hotel. Most of my "free" time, however, will probably be spent calling family, seeing some sights, and enjoying some American cuisine. Okinawan cuisine is good, but I miss the eateries back home.

Rumor has it that "Famous Dave's" is the best place in VA for barbecue. I'll let you know.

Take care all, and I'll post as time permits.

No comments: