Thursday, July 12, 2007

Super Typhoon!



Our little storm has strengthened into a category five supertyphoon. The picture above clearly shows Okinawa right above the eye (click the pic for full size image). According to Typhoon 2000, the storm currently has sustained winds of 155mph, with gusts to 189.


I've got an impressive view from my 9th floor balcony, but I'm no longer eager to stand outside and watch. I'll settle for an indoor view. For added entertainment, the wind blowing through the sewer vents is actually causing wind to blow up through our toilet. Isn't that great? It makes sitting down to do your business a real adventure.
UPDATE
The storm has pretty much passed. The power just came back on. It's hotter than hell in my house, and the mold is in overdrive. Joy. At the very least, I don't think that anyone was harmed by the storm, and our property is intact. I can't ask for much more than that. We're currently it TC-1 R(recovery). The tractors are out scooping up the debris (at 8pm local). God bless 'em.

No comments: