Sunday, February 10, 2008

Travelling Blog Thing


It's downright cold here, compared to the tropical paradise of Okinawa. I flew into Chicago, and it was snowing quite vigorously. It was neat to see snow, but I kept wondering if the plane would ice up before I took off from there. Some lazy looking man sprayed the plane down with some de-icing crap before we taxied, and I guess it did the trick.

I got in to Reagan somewhere close to on time, and made it to my hotel at a reasonable hour. Traffic wasn't any worse than downtown Naha. Oh; wait, traffic in downtown Naha is murderous...better find another example. Traffic wasn't any worse than one would expect near the D.C. beltway. Actually, it wasn't all that bad at all, being a Saturday evening.

I have some business to conduct today in Richmond, and then will be back in my cozy little (albeit clean) hotel room on Monday. I can't wait for this conference to be over on Wednesday. I hate the cold. I'm certainly "acclimatized" to the tropical environment of Okinawa!

I'm also quite adjusted to the 14 hour time difference in Oki. I couldn't sleep much on the plane, and I had a heck of a time falling asleep here. It was well after midnight (local time) when I dozed off, and I woke up shortly before 0500. Oh well; maybe I'll catch a nap on I-95 on the way to Richmond (kidding).

Until next time: avoid sitting next to people with active colons on 12 hour flights!

No comments: