Sunday, March 16, 2008

Why You Being Vicious?

I'm on day seven of not smoking....and hating the hell out of it. I'm ready to choke my wife, my children, my dog, the neighbors, my van (not sure how to choke a van, but I can probably figure it out), and just about anyone that strays into my view.

This situation reminds me of a story...from when I was a Drill Instructor at Parris Island....

Once upon a time, I was a new DI working for a Senior Drill Instructor (SDI) that had a bit of a speech impediment. He was unable to pronounce the "B" sound..."b"s came out as "v"s. Hence the word "vicious."

My boss would often come out of the "DI Hut," and say something along the lines of "I don't know why recruits is vein' vicious..." and then go away. The recruits would get all jazzed, talking about how "the Senior said we're vicious...we ROCK dude!" I, of course would torture them...I mean train them...for speaking in such a familiar way about the SDI.

It wasn't until very late in the training cycle that I finally clued them in that "vicious" was "bitches."

Buncha vicious....hehehehehe

No comments: