Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Idiot Drivers



Why is it that whenever the weather is mildly uncooperative, our fellow drivers seem to lose about 30 IQ points?

Today, Mother Nature decided to throw a little bit of freezing rain and slick roadways at me. Not a really big deal, as long as I slowed it down a bit, and made no erratic moves. Not so with some other folks. On my six mile drive from where my conference was held, I saw numerous wrecks (similar to the carnage pictured above), and some amusing near-misses.

You would think that people who live in this area would be a bit more accustomed to driving in less than ideal conditions; no such luck. The idiots were out in force, and it reminded me of the near panic that can often be witnessed in California any time that it rains there.

Oh well, at least it was entertaining.

No comments: