Saturday, April 23, 2011

Movie Review: The King's Speech

Bottom line up front:  This is a great flick, but you should watch it during the day.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, despite it being a bit of a slow starter.  The subtle humor wasn't so subtle that I didn't get it, and it was a moving piece with true historical significance.   

Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush did a wonderful job, and they are to be lauded for their portrayals of difficult characters.  

I found myself rooting for the main character throughout, and was emotionally moved at the end.  


This movie is not action-packed, so don't expect it to be.  It is, however, interesting and worthwhile.  I found this flick to be worth my time and would recommend it with enthusiasm as a daytime or early evening diversion.

No comments: