Sunday, November 7, 2021

Veterans Day

 



This week brings about one of our nation's most appropriate holidays, Veterans Day.  The history of this holiday began after the cease of hostilities of World War I, which came about at the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month.  November of 1918 is considered the beginning of what became Armistice Day, later changed to Veterans Day.  

Veterans Day is a day to honor those that have served our nation in one of the most meaningful ways, signing a blank check for an amount up to, and sometimes including, their very lives.  

To veterans everywhere, thank you, and well done. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back! I’ve checked in from time to time, so this is a nice surprise for me. I always try to do something for the veterans every chance I get. I have five brothers that served and on Veterans Day I phone them and thank them. Thank you for your service!